Terms and Conditions
1. All bookings are made with Headnorth AS whose registered office is Havnehagan 3a 0875 Oslo, Norway.
2. At the time of booking a deposit payment of NOK 5,000 is required to secure the customer’s place on a trip. The final trip balance amount must be paid to Headnorth AS no later than 8 weeks before the start date of the trip. If the balance is not received by the specified date and unless a delay in the customer’s payment had been agreed with Headnorth AS in writing, Headnorth AS reserves the right to cancel the customer’s booking and the customer’s deposit will be forfitted.
3. If the customer’s trip is booked later than 8 weeks prior to the trip start date the full amount of the trip must be paid at the time of booking.
4. The customer’s booking contract with Headnorth AS begins on the date the customer’s deposit funds are received into the Headnorth AS bank account.
5. The total amount received into the Headnorth AS bank account should be equal the full amount shown on the customer’s invoice. All electronic (bank) transfer costs and other costs are carried by the customer.
6. Headnorth AS reserves the right to cancel any trip which does not have sufficient number to make the trip financial viable. If a trip is likely to be cancelled under such circumstances, the customer will be informed as soon as possible. If Headnorth AS cancel the trip the customer will be entitled to a full refund of any payments made to Headnorth AS. No compensation for cancelled trips will be paid by Headnorth AS.
7. If Headnorth AS cancels the customer’s trip, Headnorth AS will not be liable for any expenses the customer may have incurred as a result of the customer’s booking. Headnorth AS will not be liable for the cost of any flights the customer may have booked.
8. If the customer wish to cancel a trip, notification must be provided to Headnorth AS in writing and the following charges will apply:
· More than 60 days before the start date of the trip = loss of deposit
· 30 – 59 days before the start of the trip = 60 % of total cost
· Less than 30 days before the start date of the trip = 100 %
Headnorth AS reserves the right to pursue all unpaid amounts due.
9. Notice of cancellation will only be effective from the day it is received in writing by Headnorth AS.
Insurance & Liability
10. The customer must ensure to have adequate insurance to cover the trip from the date the booking is made with Headnorth AS. The customer’s insurance must cover the customer for all the activities of the customer’s trip as well as travel and personal insurance. The customer must ensure to have adequate cover for search, helicopter rescue and reparation in the event of a medical emergency. Cancellation insurance is recommended.
11. The customer understand and accept the risk involved with all of the activities of the customer’s trip and the customer participates entirely at own risk and responsibility.
12. Headnorth AS is not liable for cancellation or change to stated itinerary due to weather and other unforeseeable and unavoidable conditions out of the control of Headnorth AS.
13. Headnorth AS is not liable for Illness, injury or death sustained on a trip.
14. Headnorth AS is not liable for uninsured loss of personal belongings.
15. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all the advertising material and information for Headnorth AS, Headnorth AS cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies.
16. Group sizes for Headnorth AS trips will be at the discretion of Headnorth AS. Headnorth AS undertakes to ensure that the group number are appropriate for each trip.
17. The customer must follow the guides instructions at all times.
18. The customer must replace self-inflicted damage or loss of equipment belonging to Headnorth AS or it’s appointed partners.
19. If the customer has any special medical needs, allergies or dietary requirements the customer must inform Headnorth AS at the time of the booking.
20. Where relevant the customer’s accommodation at Headnorth AS will be in a twin room with en-suite facilities. If the customer’s booking is for one person, the customer will be allocated into twin sharing room. Where en-suite facilities or individual rooms are not relevant accommodation will be as described in the trip description.
21. Headnorth AS will try to meet customer’s special requirements but cannot guarantee to do so and will not be held liable for any failure to do so.
22. Headnorth AS will plan to carry out the trips as advertised, however due to the nature of the trips, the itineraries must remains flexible and Headnorth AS cannot be held responsible for necessary changes made during the running of the trip.
23. The customer agree to allow Headnorth AS to use for publicity purposes any photographic or video materials taken on a Headnorth AS trip without the customer’s permission and with no charge.
Complaints and Disputes
24. Any complaints regarding Headnorth AS trips must be made immediately at the time of occurence. If the customer feel that the customer’s complaint has not been properly dealt with, the customer must notify Headnorth AS in writing within 30 days after the end date of the trip. Headnorth will respond as soon as is practically possible.
25. In the case of a possible disputes Norwegian law will apply. Disputes will be settled in the Norwegian courts at Oslo Tinghus.
Acceptance of Terms & Conditions
26. These booking conditions will only be waived in special circumstances confirmed in writing from Headnorth AS.
27. By making a booking with Headnorth AS, the customer confirms he has read, understood and accepted these booking conditions and agrees to abide by them.